FileZilla is a free FTP software that not only supports FTP but also FTP over TLS (FTPS) and SFTP. It is an open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License. It has a very nice feature that saves about 10 of your latest connections under Quickconnect bar. It does not allow to save more than 10 connections, however, you can save more than 10 by copying the connection to Site Manager.
In this post, I am going to show how to save more than 10 connection in Filezilla so that you do not have to retype username, password, and IP address to connect to your server.
- Open Filezilla and connect to a server/IP address.
- After connecting to the server, click on File present in the menu.
- Click on “Copy current connection to Site Manager” to save the details (username, password, and IP) of the current connection.
- Once you click on “Copy current connection to Site Manager”, it will open a pop-up window like the following.
- Give the current connection a unique name by renaming the value under “My Sites”.
- Click on “Connect” to save the details of the connection
This way you can save as many connections as you want. Now when you have to connect to the same server using the same credentials, you don’t have to retype everything. Just click on “Site Manager” under “File” in the menu and select the server you want to connect to.