In this post, I will show you the steps to get the Google Analytics tag for an existing website (property).
- Log into Google Analytics using your user id and password.
- You will find a wheel for the Admin link on the left-bottom side. Click the wheel to go to the Admin panel.
- Select Account -> Property to find the tracking tag for the website. It should look like the following:
- Under Property, click on the “Data Streams” link. It will show you brief information about the “Data Streams“.
- Click on “Data Streams” to see the details (Web stream details).
- On the “Web stream details” page, under the “Google tag” section, click on the “View tag instructions” link (shown below). It will show you the “Installation instructions” page.
- On the “Installation instructions” page, click on the “Install manually” (shown below) link to get the Google Analytics JavaScipt tracking code.
I hope these steps help you in finding the tag for your website. Let me know in the comment if you have any questions.